Can coconut oil treat sunburn?
Summer brings many joyful things to do such as bike riding, go for a run, go to beach, hiking, swimming and many other things but sunburn is the problem which can restrict you from doing all these things. Sunburn is a common skin problem that generally affects people in summer. Well, you get this problem in winters also because sunburn is caused due to harmful rays of sun.
Sunburn is too harsh for the skin as it can damage your delicate skin and make your skin look aged faster. Excess exposer to the harmful UV rays can create sunburn and cause itching, redness, patches, pain and swelling. Fortunately, there are some natural remedies which can help you to get rid of sunburn problem quickly. There are number of herbal remedies which can help you but coconut oil is considered as the best remedy for treating sunburn problem.
How can coconut oil treat sunburn problem?
These are the questions that may come up in your mind. Let me tell you that coconut oil has been using for thousands of years to treat many health, skin and hair issues.
- Coconut oil has saturated fats, lauric fatty acid and other unique combinational fatty acids that heal the sunburned skin and also relieve the pain and inflammation.
- Coconut oil acts as anti- bacterial and anti-fungal agent which help to prevent any infection and also regenerate the skin.
- Coconut oil is rich in vitamins and nutrients which are essential for a healthy skin.
- Coconut oil will reduce the discomfort caused by peeling and excessive dryness of the skin. It will nourish the dehydrated skin and moisturize it.
- It soothes the burned skin and tightens it to prevent the lasting damages such as tanning, wrinkles and darkening the skin.
- Applying coconut oil onto the sunburn will increase the blood circulation and the sunburn will heal faster.
- Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. It moisturizes the skin deeper than your average moisturizer and nourishes the sunburned skin so that it will reduce the pain caused by the dryness of the burned skin.
- Coconut oil is rich in anti-oxidants that eliminate the free radicals and cool your sunburn.
There are enormous benefits of using coconut oil on sunburned skin but all these are enough to ensure you that coconut oil is one of the best ways to relieve the sunburn. You can try coconut oil in number of ways to treat your sunburn problem.You may use the pure coconut oil onto the sunburn or mix it with other ingredients to get the best results you may want.
First method is to put a few drops of coconut oil on the sunburned skin and give a gentle massage while applying it. Leave it for few hours or overnight for better results. Continue apply coconut oil until the sunburn completely heal. You can add honey and other essential oils in coconut oil and then apply on the affected parts.
The important thing you need to keep in mind that all the treatment options using coconut oil can be applied at least a day after you get the burn. Coconut oil is the most beneficial treatment for treating sunburn problem. If you want to enjoy your summer without any problem, just try coconut oil for your sunburn problem.